Bio: Hello, I’m Nina and I’m a self-taught cupcake artist. My award-winning sweets are highly inspired by florals & abstract art which lead to my signature monogram cupcakes.
1. What did you have for breakfast this morning? My Mom’s cake and a multigrain bagel with cream cheese…balance 🙂
2. Do you have a guilty pleasure snack? Tim Tams cold out of the fridge
3. How long have you been Cake Decorating for? I started baking cupcakes just over 5 years ago.
4. Why did you choose Cake Decorating? To be honest, I started baking out of boredom. Away from family & friends living in Australia with 2 young kids, I needed an outlet. I was hooked with my first batch of cupcakes.
5. In times of doubt, what do you do to get back into your creative zone? To get back into my creative zone when in a funk, I tend to want to be out & about exploring. it helps clear my mind.
6. Where did you learn your Cake Decorating skills? I am self-taught through YouTube. So much free information out there, thankful to those that take the time & share their skills.
7. What is your typical day like, what does it entail? My typical day entails working at a dental practice preventing cavities by day & creating them at night! I juggle a full-time job & kids.
8. We know Edible Art Paint is a medium you use, what do you love about it? When I first started Sophia Mya Cupcakes, I sold a lot of cake pops and fondant cupcakes. There really wasn’t a paint that was available to use straight out of the bottle. I love the colours, especially the metallics & how quickly it dries!!!
9. What is your #1 piece of advice for the newbies in Cake Decorating? My number 1 piece of advice is don’t be afraid to try something new & stand out and be original.
10. Who is your inspiration in the Cake Decorating world? Oh gosh, there are so many that blow my mind and inspire me to step out of my comfort zone. I’d say Caking it Up & Ivy + Stone Cake Design for their extraordinary cake designs.
Caking it Up (@caking_it_up) https://www.instagram.com/caking_it_up/
Ivy + Stone Cake Design (@ivyandstonecakedesign) https://www.instagram.com/ivyandstonecakedesign/